SUMMER WORKSHOP 2023
WELCOME TO VILJANDI!
This year’s NSFS Summer Workshop will be held in Viljandi! It’s a quaint and friendly small town in the south of Estonia, just about a two hours drive from the capital.
This year’s workshop principal is Kaire Russ – a certified teacher from the Estonian Stage Fight Society. Trainings will be held at the sports centre with parks and a very swimmable lake just a short walk away.
As always, training is split into seven groups:
1. Beginners – open to anyone and focuses on unarmed, single rapier and broadsword.
2. Block 1 test group – for those with at least 20 hours of training in all three weapons (with an NSFS certified teacher). Focuses on unarmed, single rapier and broadsword, but test students will perform a scene that relies heavily on stage combat in front of certified teachers at the end of the workshop. Passing that test gives access to following levels of training.
3. Block 2 Prep – sword and shield, rapier and dagger, quarterstaff. Introduction to working with weapons with both hands. Open to those who have passed Block 1.
4. Block 2 Test – for those with at least 15 hours of training in all three weapons (with an NSFS certified teacher) and a pass from Block 1 tests. Focuses on sword and shield, rapier and dagger, quarterstaff with tests at the end.
5. Block 3 Prep – smallsword, knife, theatrical martial arts. Introduction to more stylized weapons and more challenging movement. Open to those who have passed Block 1 and 2.
6. Block 3 Test – for those with at least 15 hours of training in all three weapons (with an NSFS certified teacher) and a pass from Block 2 tests. Focuses on smallsword, knife, theatrical martial arts with tests at the end.
7. Advanced – everyone who has passed all previous tests. First week focuses on fighting in film and working with a camera. Students’ work will be filmed as actual scenes at the end of the week. Second week focuses on theatre and working with different placements of audience. The week will end with a public showcase.
It is also possible to test in one weapon but prep in others.
Teachers will be announced soon! They are all international experts with years of experience and wisdom to share.
The Summer Workshop is a great place to meet likeminded people, sweat like there’s no tomorrow and have fun while doing it. Stage combat relies mostly on trust, partnerwork and safety so don’t be afraid to join, even if you have no previous experience.
See you in July!
Early bird price (until 31.04) for underaged (not younger than 16), students, ESFS(ELL) or NSFS members is 750€, full price is 850€.
For those who register later than earlybird, the prices are accordingly 850€/950€.
For this you will receive classes from 9 AM to 6 PM, sauna and shower facilities, lunches during the training days and the accommodation in the shared sleeping spaces.
Registrate here: https://forms.gle/YtAf2NBpJ4ZjZ2iz9
Your registration will be complete only after paying the first half of the full prize of the workshop fee (according to what is relevant to you).
If you need a bill, fill out the last question in the registration form with necessary data and wait for the bill before paying!
Please make the payment to the account:
MTÜ Eesti Lavavõitluse Liit
Nisu 25-22, Tallinn 10317
A/a(IBAN): EE641700017002894663 Nordea pank
In the description: SummerWorkshop2023 + Your full name
In case of the cancellation the workshop fee is refundable until 24th of June 2023, except 50€ that is non refundable. In case of the later cancellation the organizer will keep half of the workshop fee.
Group sizes are limited!
If after reading the NSFS levels info still not sure which group you belong to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +372 515 0728, Kaire.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE HEALTHY BEFORE THE WORKSHOP.
ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS
Students can stay in the lovely house of the Free Waldorf Kindergarten in Viljandi. https://goo.gl/maps/NTKo4DCYN7BUri5u8
There is a garden full of greenery around the house.
Sleeping places are on the floor in shared big rooms. There are single cotton mattresses for a soft landing. You need your own sleeping bag or bedding and pillows.
The house has a kitchenette, a toilet, a washing facility (however, we ask you to wash in the sports center if possible).
The accommodation is located 15 minutes’ walk from the training place.
If students do not want to share their accommodation with other students they are free to look their own accommodation on their own extra cost.
THE WORKSHOP IS LIVE!
The Nordic Stage Fight Summer Workshop will be organized on 10.-23.7.2022.